How to Book
We accept bookings online. On every tour program page, after you have read, learned and decided to join Sumatra And Beyond designed program, you could click on “Book Now Button” in the right column in the part of Dates, Prices & Availability. The button is straightforward and enables us to confirm your reservation immediately. We also accept bookings by telephone, email, and whatsapp message.
If you would like to book a private or tailor-made trip, then we need to develop the design program with you – please contact us by telephone, whatsapp message, email or complete our tailor-made enquiry form in. The form you could find below the Dates, Prices & Availability.
Prior to booking, it is important that you read the relevant Tour Dossier and our Booking Procedure and Booking Conditions. Those information will ensure that you choose the most appropriate program you are interested in. In the case of a tailor-made trip, we recommend that you carefully review the personalized itinerary provided to you. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for a tour program design, please contact our office.
Note: Cancellation policy may vary to reflect any non-refundable payments made by Sumatra And Beyond to accommodations or other suppliers.
After selecting the “Book Now” on the tour program page of your interest on our website, you will then be asked to complete the online booking form and proceed to payment procedure.
Our commitment to you: Your contract is with PT. Sumatra And Beyond (hereinafter also referred to as “we” or “us”), of Jl. Sutan Syahrir No. 317, Padang, West Sumatra-Indonesia, registered in Indonesian Departement of Justice with Company No. 21101.
All bookings with us are organized and sold subject to the following conditions:
- Every tour program in our website page will be implemented if it is filled with a minimum two (2) participants. On the Dates, Prices & Availability, part of the Status will be written "Confirmed" if there is already a booking. If deposit has been made with a minimum partcipants, part of the Status will be written "Guaranteed Departure".
- On the Availability part, you will know how many has joined (green button) and how many slot are empty (red button). The total number of green and red button will be the same total with the maximum participants of each program.
- You are able to know the participants maximum number for each tour program in our website on Trip Notes.
- The price listed for each program in every page of our website is the price per person with a minimal two (2) participants staying in twin share room.
- If you want your own room, a Single Supplement surcharge will be applied accordingly the Accomodation & Meals part.
- The more participants join up to the maximum number allowed for each program, the more significant reduction in tour price per person.
- Price will be adjusted every time a new participant is added which means automatically the price in the innitial contract previously signed will be revised.
- The price adjusment calculation will be included when you make your reservation and when the number of participants increase, automatically there will be a reduction according to the updated participants number.
- The quoted price is in US Dollar (US$)
- We are able to accept payment in Euro (E), British Poundsterling (P), Australian Dollar (Aus$), Singapore Dollar (Sin$) and Malaysian Ringgit based on the exchanged valid on the date of payment.
- To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit/down payment of 25% of the program price.
- Your balance must be paid according to the date/dates shown on your invoice or in correspondence, and failure to do so will incure additional charges or even cancellation.
- Once we receive your deposit, our contract will become binding and it covers everyone you are booking on behalf of. After this, we will send you a pro forma invoice for the balance including the due date.
- Payment can be received through bank transfer to the Bank Account we will provide through email or whatsapp message.
- Payment can also be made through Pay Pal account mentioned in our email or whatsapp message.
Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
- More than 60 days prior to the start of your holiday, you will only be charged your deposit.
- Between 60 and 30 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday cost.
- 30 days or less before the start of your holiday, or on or after the commencement of the holiday, you must pay the full holiday price.
- We recognize that unforeseen circumstances may result in cancellation. We therefore strongly advise you to take out travel insurance in your country as we don’t provide any insurance, to protect yourself from losing money if you have to cancel.
- You will be informed of the exact amount of any cancellation charge prior to the cancellation being finalized.
Note: Cancellation policy may vary to reflect any non-refundable payments made by PT. Sumatra And Beyond to accommodations or other suppliers.
- Before you enter into a contract with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website.
- We reserve the right to cancel the holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a trip is not fulfilled, we will cancel your tour program.
- If a change in location or accommodation standard occur, we will notify you soonest. Then you have the right to choose to accept or cancel the program. Then we will refund all payments already made except the 25% deposit. We will not return the personal expense you may have made as a result of your order such as flight ticket payment, travel insurance, purchase of equipment, visa, vaccination , etc.
- If change of location, accommodation or cancellation is caused by force majeure prior to tour implementation, we will only refund the ammount we have not yet paid to our suppliers. However, you shouldl be able to claim such expenses from your travel insurance in your country.
- If changes in routes or accommodations occur during the tour due to the force majeure, PT. Sumatra And Beyond or authorized staff has the right to change the routes or accommodations. Specifically, when accommodation is changed to a lower standard that what has been agreen upon, we will adjust the refund accordingly.
If the trip originally booked starts within 8 weeks of the request to change trips being made, any such change may be treated as a cancellation by the client, in which case the cancellation conditions in section 2 will apply.
- If a client, after booking a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change to an alternative trip that may be possible, however, we can not guarantee this.
- If we are able to move your booking, an administration fee of US$ 100 per person is charged as well as any non-refundable payments that PT. Sumatra And Beyond has made.
Request to change the booked program 4 weeks before program implementation will be treated as a cancellation. , in which case the cancellation conditions in section 4 will apply.
Any information provided by on such matters as climate, travel, clothing, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of PT. Sumatra And Beyond
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility.
- The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise.
- You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen trip and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be sent to you at the time of booking.
- If in the opinion of the PT. Sumatra And Beyond or authorized Staff, your health, conduct, fitness or equipment may compromise the safety of a trip, or if it could negatively impact the experience of other clients on the trip, we reserve the right to cancel or terminate such participant/s holiday. In these circumstances, such participant/s will not be entitled to a refund nor compensation.
- All minors travelling with PT. Sumatra And Beyond must do so with an adult parent or guardian who is responsible for their well being and behaviour throughout their tour program. Minors must not be left alone in the company of any other adult, in particular, their guide, at any time, the only exception being in emergency situations.
- All parents/guardians booking with PT. Sumatra And Beyond should consider this carefully before committing to an adventure holiday with minors in their care.
Accommodation is usually in twin or double bed rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this, but it has to be requested at booking time. When making a booking you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
- We strongly recommend that you take out your country travel insurance policy as soon as you have booked your trip with us.
- A travel insurance policy protects you and your holiday arrangements from the unexpected before and during your trip. It is your responsibility to decide what cover you need, but we recommend your policy should include cover for emergency medical costs, cancellation or curtailment of your trip, personal belongings/baggage and personal liability: In the event of emergency rescue and medical care and/or repatriation from a trip due to injury or medical emergency, any evacuation and medical costs will be borne by the client.
- If you need to cancel your trip with us then you may lose some or all of the money you have paid (see section 4).
- All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not be responsible whatsoever for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or personal equipment. PT. Sumatra And Beyond does not provide any insurance.
If you are affected by an illness or medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking or in advance of travel (if you did not have the illness or condition at the time of booking). Similarly, you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking. Failure to disclose a medical condition that could affect you during the trip could place you at risk.
We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday.
- If you have a complaint about the holiday you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity.
- If you do not feel that your guide/tourleader has dealt with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, we encourage you to contact our office/the emergency number mentioned in the contract as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip.
- Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
- PT. Sumatra And Beyond will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Indonesian law. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to force majeure.
- By signing our booking form you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
- We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the holiday if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than the PT. Sumatra And Beyond’s staff; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of force majeure.
- Where Pt. Sumatra And Beyond are found to be liable for damages in respect of its failure to carry out the holiday, the maximum amount of such damages, compensation and loss of enjoyment will be limited to one third times the cost of the trip.
- Where the damage relates to damage caused by the provision of road, rail, river or sea transport, or hotel accommodation, PT. Sumatra And Beyond will not pay any compensation.
- All air transport is undertaken entirely at your own risk. Any independent arrangements you make which are not part of the trip are entirely at your own risk.
- All delay and cancellation of land, air, and sea transportation not caused by PT. Sumatra And Beyond or caused by force majeure conditions during the implementation of tour program is common risk. As the consequnce, there will be an itinerary adjusment of your tour program.
The booking conditions may only be waived by a Director of PT. Sumatra And Beyond in writing. When you book with us, you agree to accept all these booking conditions, and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined in holiday information provided to you. If you pay a deposit on behalf of other people, they also become bound to these conditions at the time of payment. Both sides of this agreement are made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced according to Indonesian Law in a Indonesian Court.
We take our responsibility for your right to privacy seriously. The way we process your data respects this and we would like to point you to our Privacy Notice for further details.
PT. Sumatra And Beyond